August 9th, 2022
26 mins 6 secs
About this Episode
How did the first Eurovision Song Contest telecast come about in 1956? We talk about coronations, cattle calls, and continental broadcasting in this week's episode.
- Host city when? Bid Process Edition (1:21)
- Snap Status (2:55)
- Cosa Sta Facendo Måneskin: VMAs Edition (3:54)
- Hooverphonic for Brussels Airlines (6:40)
- History of Eurovision: 1930 Onward (10:34)
- The European Television Season (14:53)
- The Birth of Eurovision (18:29)
- Eurovision History as Broadcasting History (24:32)
The EuroWhat? Podcast is available wherever you get your podcasts. You can find a service to subscribe to the show here.
Comments, questions, and episode topic suggestions are always welcome. You can shoot us an email or find us on Twitter @eurowhat.
Become a Patron! Patrons get access to our bonus podcast Just ASCing Questions.Support The EuroWhat? Podcast
- Eurovision FAQ - Media Centre
- 🇦🇲 Rosa Linn signs record deal with Columbia Records – ESCBubble
- Best New Artist - Vote Now – Nominees for 2022 MTV Video Music Awards
- Best Alternative - Vote Now – Nominees for 2022 MTV Video Music Awards
- Brussels Airlines Safety Video 2022 - YouTube
- The EuroWhat? Podcast Episode 91: A Brief History of the EBU
- Full reprise - Eurovision Song Contest 1956: Lys Assia - Refrain - YouTube