Stiff Upper Lip
November 29th, 2022
44 mins 57 secs
About this Episode
The United Kingdom has had a very rough couple of decades at the Eurovision Song Contest. Now that they're back in the driver's seat, we try to figure out what went wrong.
Stiff Upper Lip Summary
- Eurovision Voting Overhaul (0:55)
- National Finals: Australia Decides, Malta ESC, Ukraine's VidBir, Estonia's Eesti Laul, Albania's FiK (6:51)
- Cosa Sta Facendo Maneskin: Grammy Nominations Edition (8:59)
- The United Kingom at Eurovision Part 2 (11:51)
- Nul Points (18:21)
- 2010s Go Internal (35:07)
The EuroWhat? Podcast is available wherever you get your podcasts. Find your podcast app to subscribe here.
Comments, questions, and episode topic suggestions are always welcome. You can shoot us an email, reach out on Twitter @eurowhat, or give us a toot on Mastodon.
Over on Patreon, we have a slew of bonus episodes featuring the American Song Contest, the Eurovision AV Club, and deep dives on Eurovision-adjacent topics. Thank you for your support!Support The EuroWhat? Podcast
- The EuroWhat? Podcast Episode 168: Welcome to the United Kingdom
- Voting changes announced for Eurovision Song Contest 2023
- 2023 GRAMMY Nominations: See The Complete Nominees List
- Eurovision 2000 03 United Kingdom *Nicki French* *Don't Play That Song Again* 16:9 HQ - YouTube
- Jemini - Cry Baby (Eurovision Song Contest 2003, UNITED KINGDOM) A Song For Europe 2003 - YouTube
- The Twins It's my time UK's Eurovision 2009 - YouTube