May 7th, 2018
1 hr 9 mins 49 secs
About this Episode
It's showtime! 37 countries will be competing in the Eurovision semi-final rounds Tuesday and Thursday. We share our thoughts on the rehearsals as well as suggestions for how to make your Eurovision party on Saturday a fun experience for everyone.
Our preview begins with an explanation of how Eurovision's complicated points system works. If you are hosting a Eurovision party this year, we offer recommendations on food, party games, and viewing options in case Logo's coverage isn't your thing. Then the crew talks about the semi-final rehearsals, including which acts are most improved, which have fizzled, and which we're most excited to see. It's Eurovision Week!
Semi-Final Preview Summary
- How does Eurovision scoring work in the semi-final and Grand Final? (3:07)
- Tips for Hosting a Eurovision party (18:43)
- How to Watch the Eurovision Song Contest in the US (25:26)
- Talking about the semi-final rehearsals (30:26)
- Which countries are the most improved? (32:25)
- Which countries have fizzled? (41:40)
- Which entries are we most interested to see? (54:45)
- Video: How Scoring Works at Eurovision (YouTube)