October 18th, 2022
43 mins 11 secs
About this Episode
Ben takes us through the history of the synth-filled vibes of the music genre known as Italo Disco. Mike's pop music diet growing up may have more in common with the style than he realized.
Become a Patron! Patrons get access to bonus episodes like these every month.
Italo Disco Summary
- Liverpool will host Eurovision 2023 (1:04)
- Just ASCing Questions: Italo Disco (4:15)
- 🕺What is Italo Disco? (7:23)
- What makes a song "Italo Disco"? (9:49)
- 🎤 How has Italo Disco morphed since its heyday? (24:34)
- 🤔 What happened after Eurodance left the charts? (34:20)
- 🤖 What do modern Italo Disco influenced songs sound like? (39:40)
The EuroWhat? Podcast is available wherever you get your podcasts. You can find a service to subscribe to the show here.
Comments, questions, and episode topic suggestions are always welcome. You can shoot us an email or find us on Twitter @eurowhat.Support The EuroWhat? Podcast