June 14th, 2022
38 mins 14 secs
About this Episode
Professional TV quiz writer Alex McMillan joins us to talk about how to write tantalizing Eurovision trivia. We also learn about some of the differences between UK and US game show writing.
Trivial Pursuits Summary
- News: Russia suspended (for realsies), Kalush Orchestra sells trophy, Cyprus using All Together Now (1:21)
- Eurovision Learned League 1DS (4:43)
- Welcome, Alex McMillan! (7:22)
- How does one become a quiz show writer? (12:18)
- How do you distill a body of knowledge into something manageable? (18:01)
- Differences in UK Quiz Writing and US Quiz Writing (26:25)
- What is the distinction between Trivia and Minutia? (31:49)
The EuroWhat? Podcast is available wherever you get your podcasts. You can find a service to subscribe to the show here.
Comments, questions, and episode topic suggestions are always welcome. You can shoot us an email or find us on Twitter @eurowhat.
Become a Patron! Patrons get access to our bonus podcast Just ASCing Questions.
Cover Photo: Sean Benesh on UnsplashSupport The EuroWhat? Podcast
- Alex McMillan (@UndeniablyAlex) / Twitter
- Céilí Rae Minogue (@CeiliRae) / Twitter
- Mastermind 2019 Episode 8 Eurovision Set | YouTube
- May 5, 2022: LL One-Day Special: Eurovision: The Last 10 Years | Learned League
- The EuroWhat? Podcast Episode 64: Win Win Win Win
- Jimmy Carr's I Literally Just Told You - Series 01 Episode 03 - Celebrity Special - YouTube