March 28th, 2023
53 mins 26 secs
About this Episode
We welcome back Ned Raggett to discuss five more entries from Eurovision Semi-Final 1. How has the running order affected our thoughts on Serbia, Portugal, Azerbaijan, Czechia, and Finland?
- Serbia - Luke Black - "Samo mi se spava" (1:47)
- Portugal - Mimicat - "Ai Coração" (9:57)
- Azerbaijan - TuranTuralX - "Tell Me More" (16:11)
- Czechia - Vesna - "My Sister's Crown" (24:41)
- Finland - Käärijä - "Cha Cha Cha" (30:26)
- Final Thoughts (48:14)
The EuroWhat? Podcast is available wherever you get your podcasts. Find your podcast app to subscribe here.
Keep tabs on everything happening with Eurovision 2023 on our website at eurowhat.com/2023
Comments, questions, and episode topic suggestions are always welcome. You can shoot us an email, reach out on Twitter @eurowhat, or give us a toot on Mastodon.
Over on Patreon, we have a slew of bonus episodes featuring the Eurowhat AV Club and deep dives on Eurovision-adjacent topics. Thank you for your support!Support The EuroWhat? Podcast
- Luke Black Music
- A Popjustice reader is representing Serbia at Eurovision.
- Mimicat (@mimicat_music) | Instagram
- Eurovision 2023 - Time Singing The Title | TOP 37 - YouTube
- turanturalx (@turalturanx) | Instagram
- Käärijä (@paidatonriehuja) | Instagram
- Käärijätorttu | Makeat leivonnaiset | Yhteishyvä
- Two Conversations and a Game Show : An evening of Megaphonic podcasts, live! — Megaphonic.
- Ned Raggett | Shfl — Ned Raggett has been a freelance writer since the mid-1990s, contributing to a variety of publications. Past work has appeared at All Music, Pitchfork, the Guardian, Rolling Stone, Stylus, the 405, OC Weekly, Seattle Weekly, Fake Jazz, Spin and MTV. He currently regularly contributes to Daily Bandcamp, the Quietus and KQED Arts among other sites.
- Ned Raggett (@email@example.com) - Mastodon Party
- By-The-Bywater: A Tolkien Podcast — Megaphonic.