May 2nd, 2023
37 mins 28 secs
About this Episode
Maura Johnston joins us as we wrestle with the Eurovision 2023 set of auto-qualifiers. Will Ukraine pull the double? Will the UK and Spain continue their glowups? Will we be going back to Italy? Will Germany get out of the basement? Is France gonna France?
Controlled Grandiosity Summary
- France — La Zarra — "Évidemment" (2:16)
- Germany — Lord of the Lost — "Blood and Glitter" (6:43)
- Italy — Marco Mengoni — "Due Vite" (12:29)
- Spain — Blanca Paloma — "EAEA" (17:08)
- Ukraine — TVORCHI — "Heart of Steel" (22:44)
- United Kingdom — Mae Muller — "I Wrote a Song" (28:08)
- Final Thoughts (34:28)
The EuroWhat? Podcast is available wherever you get your podcasts. Find your podcast app to subscribe here.
Keep tabs on everything happening with Eurovision 2023 on our website at eurowhat.com/2023
Comments, questions, and episode topic suggestions are always welcome. You can shoot us an email, reach out on Twitter @eurowhat, or give us a toot on Mastodon.
Over on Patreon, we have a slew of bonus episodes featuring the Eurowhat AV Club and deep dives on Eurovision-adjacent topics. Thank you for your support!Support The EuroWhat? Podcast