We welcome Helen Groothuis back to the show to workshop how on earth the American Song Contest is supposed to work?
Americandom is Naujo! Episode Summary
This episode's conversation is a bit more freestyle than usual, so timestamps don't make a whole lotta sense. However, here are a number of topics that we touch on, more or less in order:
- Variety publishes the first story about the American Song Contest announcement
- Who is Ben Silverman and why is Mike jealous?
- Are there any reality competitions we haven't watched? (Ed Note: No.)
- What network(s) could broadcast this?
- What are our hopes/dreams/fears/lingering questions on how this is supposed to work?
- Can we come up with a better title than American Song Contest?
- Intro Clip: "Wells for Boys" (Saturday Night Live / YouTube)
- Cover Photo by Austin Neill on Unsplash
- US Version of Eurovision Set for 2021 (C21 Media)
- Helen Groothuis on Twitter | YouTube | Patreon